- Not sure where to start?
Not sure where to start?
Accountant Directory is an online directory and accounting information source. We aim to connect you with the qualified finance professional most suited to your needs.
We want to make browsing as easy and trouble-free as possible for all of our users, so we have created this step-by-step guide to help you get the most out of your visit.
This page will give you a run down of the many useful features our site offers, and how to use them.
Research, search and explore
So what features does Accountant Directory offer?
Our site has three main functions designed to make the process of finding an accountant as smooth as possible:
2. Search - Once you've read the right material, you're one step closer to knowing what you want and need. Now you should be ready to start browsing and contacting professionals.
3. Explore - Just because you've chosen your accountant, doesn't mean you can't come back to us. We aim to be a hub of accounting news and knowledge so if you like to keep on the ball, bookmark our page for useful articles, latest news, specialist Tax Calendar and a helpful Glossary of accounting terms.
Our aim is to make finding a suitable professional as easy as it possibly can be. We understand that hiring an accountant is a big deal, especially as it often means handing sensitive financial information to a complete stranger. For this reason, we strongly encourage our users to research thoroughly before contacting a professional. The good news is that you don't have to venture into the depths of the world wide web for this. We've made the job easier for you by compiling information from all of the best and most reliable UK sources, so everything you need is right here. We reference all of our information, so if you ever want further details, simply contact us and we can pass the sources on to you.
This section lists and describes all of the services accountants offer. Whatever you need an accountant for - whether you are struggling to keep your personal finances in shape, or if you need tax advice for your new or existing business, our fact-sheets provide in-depth information from reliable and up to date sources.
All information we provide is researched to the best of our abilities from some of the best sources on the internet. However, information found on Accountant Directory should never be used as an alternative to professional help.
Every page includes a section describing objectively how an accountant can help in that particular are of business or finance, so if you are still not sure whether or not to hire an accountant, our accounting services section should help you come to an informed decision.
FAQ is the place to go for any queries regarding accountants themselves, rather than the subjects they deal with. Here you can find out everything from what accounting even is, to how much accountants charge for their services. This section also offers advice about how to choose an accountant, what qualifications to look out for and what questions to ask potential accountant candidates.
Once you have researched your subject and decided that you would like to hire an accountant, the next step is to search.
One of the many unique features all of our directories offer is the full and informative profiles we display for each professional that advertises with us.
We know that it can be frustrating searching for a professional and finding nothing but a flashy website with lots of good-looking PR content, but no real substance. We provide the information users really want to know. Things like qualifications, experience, areas of accounting they deal with, fees charged, a photograph, contact details and a location map. Plain, simple and straight to the point.
What to look out for:
All accountants work differently. With the wealth of options available, how do you know which one to choose? To make the decision process simpler, here are some things to think about while you browse:
- What role do you want your accountant to play in your financial affairs (whether business or personal)? Do you need an accountant's help once a year with tax returns? Or every day for three weeks for business planning? You will need to discuss your needs with every potential accountant you talk to.
- Does the accountant have plenty of experience in the particular sector you need them for?
- Does the individual seem trustworthy? - you may be handing over sensitive financial information. Make sure the accountant has proof of relevant qualifications. Although we screen professionals for appropriate qualifications or membership before they join Accountant Directory, we cannot monitor any changes they make.
- Do you like the individual? - It is important to get on as well as possible with your accountant as you may be spending a lot of time with them. A good business relationship is difficult to maintain when you dislike the person you are dealing with, no matter how well you hide the fact.
- Contact as many accountants as you want. Often they will be able to give quotes, organise a free initial meeting and put you in contact with ex clients who may be able to give you a testimonial.
You need to ensure that the accountant you hire shares the same values as you when it comes to business and finance. You are effectively starting a business relationship with someone, so if you have doubts, simply start your search again. That is what Accounting Directory is here for.
Although out ultimate aim is to connect you with the most suitable professional for your needs, we don't want your experience at Accountant Directory to end there. We want this to be a financial hub for accountants, business owners and employees alike. We have a number of useful features which allow you to explore and keep up with the constantly changing world of business and finance.
Useful articles are written and submitted regularly by the finance professionals who advertise with us. Keep checking this section for valuable snippets of financial advice, news, opinions and speculations from individuals who know what they are talking about.
This section reports the latest finance and business news from across the globe. We like to keep current, so this is the place to look for up-to-date headlines.
Glossary of accounting terms
Unless you have a qualification in business or accounting, it is quite likely that you will stumble upon a certain accounting term that means nothing to you. Not to worry - we have compiled a thorough glossary of accounting terms so you can impress your accountant with your technical know-how.
By now you should be all set to begin browsing Accountant Directory. Remember, if you have any problems or queries, our friendly customer service team is on call five days a week to offer their help. You can contact us here. Otherwise - we hope you enjoy browsing Accountant Directory and manage to find exactly what you are looking for.
The housing shortage in London has propelled a rental...
Up to half of employers that are planning to set up a pension scheme in the next two...
Hidden costs can cause havoc in any start-up business...